BENEFIT
Hey everyone!
I wanted to tell you guys about a benefit Culture Shock LA (my dance company) is throwing at the Warner Theatre in LA on FRIDAY, APRIL 22ND at 8PM.
8 days ago, my good good friend Mickey's brother was murdered in a senseless shooting at the liquor store he worked at in Highland, CA (Me and Mickey always bonded over the fact that we're both from the 909). Even though he gave the robber all the cash in the register, he still shot him in the head. He was in the ICU over night, but died the next evening. Mickey and his family are obviously devasted... Not only emotionally, but financially. Because Brian was in the ICU the entire time he was in the hospital, their bills are totalling over $60,000... Not including the funeral costs.
I know this sounds all preachy, but this is the closest death has ever been to me and it tears me up that Mickey's brother had to leave this world in such a horrible way... And the worst part is that the killer has not been caught. I just want to be dedicated to doing anything I can to help his family.
So, Culture Shock LA, being the family that we are, is throwing a showcase similar to the one Cory, Emily, and Wes came to in San Diego... Though the atmosphere will be a lot different given that it's in memory of someone who was murdered. Anyway, tickets are going to be 12 dollars, and the show will be between 1 hour and 1 hour and a half long. For those of you who're like "eh, but I've already seen you dance!" Oh contraire! Culture Shock will be performing FIVE pieces, rather than the 1 you have seen before. Many other groups have already accepted our invitation and will be performing too. I think it's going to be an awesome show.
It would REALLY mean a lot to me if everyone was able to come. I'll have tickets available soon if anyone wants to come. They aren't assigned seats, so you wouldn't have to worry about buying them all together. Not only would it make me happy for you guys to see my company dance... But every penny will be helping Mickey's family recover from this tragedy.
Sorry for the long ass post... But thanks for reading if you in fact got through it all!!! :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home